Mehwish Hayat shuts down rumours of being Covid-19 positive
LAHORE - Conspiracy theories, misinformation and conjecture regarding COVID-19 have flooded social media.
As bad as the situation is getting in Pakistan and all around the world, people really need to hold back on spreading fake news and making it even worse.
Popular actor Mehwish Hayat clarified on her Twitter that she has not contracted coronavirus even though it was being speculated otherwise.
Not true!!! I just wish that our media would be more responsible and check their facts before posting such stories. Call me and check instead of posting anything you feel like for the sake of "followers" and "likes". This has caused a great deal of distress to family and friends— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) June 11, 2020
“Not true!!! I just wish that our media would be more responsible and check their facts before posting such stories," she said.
"Call me and check instead of posting anything you feel like for the sake of 'followers' and 'likes'. This has caused a great deal of distress to family and friends."
Prior to this, several members of the showbiz industry have tested positive for coronavirus including, Yasir Nawaz, Nida Yasir, Alizeh Shah, Naveed Raza, Rubina Ashraf, Sakina Samo, and Vasay Chaudhary.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Balochistan decides to promote matriculation, intermediate students ...01:59 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan increases medical capabilities to counter Covid-19: Asad Umar01:48 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown lifted in seven localities of Lahore as coronavirus ...12:57 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020