Canadian PM Trudeau in self-isolation as wife tests positive for coronavirus
OTTAWA - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau has been diagnosed with novel Coronavirus, his office confirmed Thursday night.
"Sophie Gregoire Trudeau was tested for COVID-19 today. The test came back positive," read the statement.
"Following medical advice, she will remain in isolation for the time being. She is feeling well, is taking all the recommended precautions and her symptoms remain mild," it said.
"The Prime Minister is in good health with no symptoms. As a precautionary measure and following the advice of doctors, he will be in isolation for a planned period of 14 days," but will not be tested.
"The Prime Minister will continue to fully assume his duties and will address Canadians tomorrow."
Trudeau and his wife earlier went into isolation when she underwent tests for the COVID-19 illness after mild symptoms. She had recently returned from a speaking engagement in the United Kingdom.
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Gigi Hadid slams British Magazine claiming that she's 'disguising' ...02:42 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Two Indian soldiers commit suicide in IOK01:49 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Model with Down syndrome featured in Gucci Beauty Campaign in Italian ...11:40 AM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020