PM Imran vows not to disappoint besieged Kashmiris at UNGA
MUZAFFARABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday said as an ‘Ambassador of Kashmir’, he would approach each and every international forum to highlight the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK) in the wake of continuous lockdown.
“Kashmir has become a human issue where men, women, elderly and even children are suffering every moment at the hands of Indian occupation forces,” he said while addressing a public gathering at Muzaffarbad's Khurshid Hassan Khurshid Stadium.
The aim of this gathering was to send a message to the world about the continuing siege of Occupied Kashmir by Indian forces. The gathering also showed Pakistan's resolve to stand with Kashmiris in this hour of trial.
#LiveNow: Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI addresses Public gathering in #Muzaffarabad. #KashmirSolidarityJalsa #KashmirBleeds #KashmirStillUnderCurfew #آؤچلیں_مظفرآباد #LetsGoMuzaffarabad #PMkashmirRally #StandWithIKForKashmir https://t.co/7y79pvD2xS
Imran Khan said he wanted to give a clear message to Indian premier Narendra Modi that “only a coward person could oppress the people in this way”.
He said India would suffer immensely by pursuing the state agenda of Hindu fascism against Muslims and other minorities.
Dear people of India who maintain things are “normal” in Kashmir. This is what a normal day looks like. Please watch how peacefully people in AJK come out to protest against blackout & day-night curfew on the Indian side of LOC in IOK. #KashmirSolidarityJalsa https://t.co/6pYZgZFKdr pic.twitter.com/rvRmLdtJC8
— PTI (@PTIofficial) September 13, 2019
Posters and banners inscribed with slogans in favour of besieged Kashmiri people were placed on walls and roads around the city.
The solidarity rally is the part of diplomatic campaign to stir world conscience over the plight of Kashmiris suffering the history’s worst kind of state-terrorism and violence at the hands of Indian forces.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020