WHO warns of COVID-19 resurgence as countries ease restrictions
GENEVA – The World Health Organization (WHO) has again warned that lifting restrictions too soon could lead to a deadly resurgence of COVID-19.
This was stated by WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus while speaking at a virtual press conference from Geneva as some countries are easing their social and economic restrictions amid the outbreak.
He said a new strategy will be published to summarize what the world has already learned about the new virus.
Tedros said every country should implement a comprehensive set of measures to save lives, with the aim of reaching a steady state of low-level or no transmission.
WHO looking into reports of some coronavirus ... 06:55 PM | 11 Apr, 2020
GENEVA – The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that it is looking into reports of some COVID-19 patients ...
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020