WHO warns of COVID-19 resurgence as countries ease restrictions
GENEVA – The World Health Organization (WHO) has again warned that lifting restrictions too soon could lead to a deadly resurgence of COVID-19.
This was stated by WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus while speaking at a virtual press conference from Geneva as some countries are easing their social and economic restrictions amid the outbreak.
He said a new strategy will be published to summarize what the world has already learned about the new virus.
Tedros said every country should implement a comprehensive set of measures to save lives, with the aim of reaching a steady state of low-level or no transmission.
WHO looking into reports of some coronavirus ... 06:55 PM | 11 Apr, 2020
GENEVA – The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that it is looking into reports of some COVID-19 patients ...
- Wuhan returns to normal as world still battling pandemic01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- UN advises staff not to travel on Pakistan-registered airlines01:13 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Caught on cam: Women thieves shoplift jewellery in Hafizabad (VIDEO)12:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- China directs pharma companies to accelerate export of Covid-19 ...11:59 AM | 23 Jan, 2021
- PIA pays $7mn for impounded jet in Malaysia11:17 AM | 23 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021