CTD arrests three terrorists planning to attack Islamabad stock exchange
ISLAMABAD –Counter-terrorism officials says they have foiled a bid to attack the Pakistan Stock Exchange building in the country’s capital, after arresting three terrorists from Rawalpindi.
A statement issued Tuesday by the CTD said the militants admitted to carrying out four terrorist attacks in Pakistan and planned to bomb the Islamabad Stock Exchange. It said militant organisations operating from Afghanistan had provided financial support.
The CTD-Lahore said it also seized explosives during the operation.
The detained militants confessed to carrying out four bombings in the past.
At least 25 people were injured in an explosion near the Ganj Mandi police station in Rawalpindi on Sunday. Initial reports suggested it was a hand grenade attack.
Blast leaves 25 injured in Rawalpindi's Ganj Mandi 03:12 PM | 13 Dec, 2020
RAWALPINDI – At least twenty-five people have been injured in an explosion near Ganj Mandi police station on ...
City Police Officer Rawalpindi Mohammad Ahsan Younas said it was the second attack near a police station in 10 days.
- Supreme Court seeks names of cabinet members removed from ECL02:41 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Senate passes bills to amend elections and NAB laws02:00 PM | 27 May, 2022
- GB CM Khalid Khurshid, 50 cops booked for ‘opening fire on ...01:08 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi shares bold video to mark 40 million followers on ...06:40 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022