Pakistan makes arrest over offensive Twitter trends
LAHORE - The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has arrested two people for running unethical trends on a social media platform against female politicians and high-profiles figures.
FIA’s cyber crime wing carried out the action as part of its crackdown against such elements.
The suspects have been identified as Fakhar Khan and Asim Khan, who were pushing dirty hashtags on Twitter, local media reported.
The investigation agency also recovered immoral content from their possession. Both are being interrogated for their heinous act.
The action comes days after Pakistan Twitter witnessed a slew of vulgar hashtags trending on Twitter, which is comparatively a sober platform for discussion on serious issues.
Number of social media users has widely condemned the circulation of such unspeakable abuse. Some claims that such trends are run by social media wings of the political parties.
Strongly condemn such disgusting trends today! Please please aviod circulating such vulgar comments and posts.#Pakistan #Pakistani@PTIofficial @pticmdofficial@MediaCellPPP @pmln_org pic.twitter.com/Js5rrXTo6F— Hannah Alam (@HannahAlam1) December 9, 2020
Disgusting along with all the other vulgar & abusive trends going on today. Shame on each and every one who tweeted and retweeted such trends. It just shows how much you people disrespect women as a whole. https://t.co/XDRrcmbdec— Alizay Noor (@AlizayNoor19) December 9, 2020
بھائی جان یہ پاکستان کا اصل چہرہ نھیں۔ (یہ سیاست سے اخلاقیات کا جنازہ ہے۔ ) https://t.co/BF7BB6aD4x— Nadeem Afzal Chan (@NadeemAfzalChan) December 9, 2020
I am ashamed to see such vulgar Trend.What type of Nation we have become?Do you like the word rundi for your sister, mother and daughter?— shahid bangash (@shamiibangash) December 9, 2020
Shame on those who launched this trend.#رائیونڈ_کی_رنڈی#رائیونڈ_کی_رنڈی#ڈرامے_نہیں_استعفے_دو #wednesdaythought pic.twitter.com/2D49IMteNj
- PM Shehbaz hails security forces for protecting people lives during ...08:28 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Armed robbers rape teenage girl in front of father in Pattoki07:44 PM | 26 May, 2022
- No-trust motion against Balochistan CM Bizenjo ends in a flop show06:54 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022