South Africa cricket team tour to Pakistan delayed
LAHORE - Cricket South Africa have expressed their inability to tour Pakistan next month but assured the Pakistan Cricket Board that they will honour the commitment of sending their side as soon as it is reasonably possible.
The proposed three-match T20I series was over and above two-Test and three-T20I series in January, next year, which is part of the Future Tours Programme.
The CSA conveyed their decision to the PCB this afternoon after taking into account player workload.
PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said here on Friday “ “While we were keenly looking forward to hosting South Africa next month, we respect Cricket South Africa’s reason for not sending their side next month. Managing player workload is a top priority for any cricket board, and from that perspective, their decision is understandable.
“We are pleased that the CSA remains committed to rescheduling this short series as soon as practically possible. As there is a strong willingness and commitment, both the boards are now exploring their FTPs to find gaps so that we can agree on the dates.”
- 'Pakistan to be out of FATF’s gray list soon due to PM’s good ...11:49 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan shuts border with Iran over Coronavirus fears09:46 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- AIOU extends admissions date of Matric, FA till March 307:27 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- PSL5 — Match 7: Islamabad United beat Lahore Qalandars by one wicket05:20 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan likely to start registering Madaris from next month04:24 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- India's Shatrughan Sinha calls on Pakistan President Alvi in Lahore01:12 PM | 23 Feb, 2020
- FBR sends notices to 24 bridal dress designers for 'tax evasion'04:17 PM | 21 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan the ‘most affordable’ country to live in the world: ...04:10 PM | 21 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019