Soldiers forced to polish seniors shoes, another Indian soldier exposes army (see video)
In the latest video, that is going viral, the soldier has alleged that his superiors are harassing him for writing a letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he tried to highlight grievances in the armed forces.
The soldier Lance Naik Yagya Pratap Singh posted in the 42 Infantry Brigade in Dehradun, recorded a video clip in which he says that after he wrote a letter to the Indian Prime Minister and other officials apprising them of some malpractices of senior army officials, his brigade was called by the PMO who ordered an enquiry into the matter.
"I had written an application to the PM in which I said that soldiers, who act as sahayaks, should not be made to polish shoes of officers," he said.
However, the brigade initiated an internal enquiry into the matter which could result in a potential court martial for the jawan.
Pratap Singh alleged that he had been tortured after the Prime Minister's Office had written back to the Brigade over the matter.
'The Brigadier put pressure on me and tortured me to such a level that I could have taken an extreme step but I will not commit suicide or act in any way or against anyone that will tarnish the name of my service' he said.
Singh claimed that he was helpless since he had been called for court martial and denied that any sensitive information had been leaked in the letter.
The Indian Army on the other hand, has claimed that it has taken note of the incident and that an investigation was underway to determine the truth of the matter.
The paramilitary soldier, who identified himself as Tej Bahadur Yadav of Border Security Force (BSF) accused senior officials of massive corruption that has forced soldiers to starve.
Yadav posted a couple of videos on Facebook showing the deplorable circumstances in which jawans are discharging their duties without being provided proper meals.
“We only get a ‘paratha’ (wheat bread) and tea as breakfast and these are without any pickle or vegetables. We slog for 11 hours and at times we have to stand throughout the duty hours. For lunch, we get ‘dal’ (pulses) which only has ‘haldi’ (turmeric) and salt with roti. This is the quality of the food we get. How can a jawan do his duty?” asked Yadav in the video.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021