Three officers of Pakistan Navy promoted to rear admiral
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Navy (PN) has announced the promotion of three commodores to the rank of rear admiral.
Commodores Javed Iqbal, Muhammad Sohail Arshad and Salman Ilyas have been promoted to the rank of rear admiral with immediate effect, a statement issued by the PN’s media wing said on Thursday.
All three newly-promoted officers are recipients of the Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) and are graduates of Pakistan Navy War College, Lahore and National Defence University, Islamabad.
"The officers have an illustrious service career with vast experience of various command and staff appointments," said the press release.
Anti-ship missiles fired by Pakistan Navy hit ... 03:16 PM | 12 Jan, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistan Navy has demonstrated combat readiness and warfighting capabilities through live weapon firing ...
Salman Ilyas was commissioned in the construction branch of Pakistan Navy in 1990. He holds a Master's degree in Naval Architecture from the UK.
His command appointments include commandant PNS KARSAZ and general manager (technical) at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works.
His major staff appointments include assistant manager (structure & quality assurance) in Saudi Arabia, manager piping at PN Dockyard and manager (design & shipbuilding) KS & EW in Karachi.
He also served as director naval construction at the Naval Headquarters in Islamabad.
Muhammad Sohail Arshad
Muhammad Sohail Arshad was commissioned in the weapon engineering branch of Pakistan Navy in 1989. His command appointments include deputy managing director submarine and general manager submarine projects at PN Dockyard.
His major staff appointments include staff officer (electrical) at COMSUBS, staff officer (submarine) to commander logistics at the Headquarters and member technical AGOSTA 90-B Submarine in France and director-general submarine projects.
He also performed duties as directing staff at Pakistan Navy War College in Lahore.
Javed Iqbal was commissioned in the weapon engineering branch of the Pakistan Navy in 1989. He holds a Master's Degree in Communication and Electric Systems from the United Kingdom and has held various commanding positions including commanding officer NPEC and commander technical support (coastal) Jinnah Naval Base in Ormara.
His major staff appointments include PN technical liaison officer in France, senior staff officer (submarine) to commander logistics, director submarine maintenance at the Naval Headquarters and deputy chief manager technical at the Maritime Technological Complex.
- Two youngsters drown during ‘Tiktok stunt’ in Sheikhupura10:48 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Samsung Pakistan held a virtual EPIC event to Launch Galaxy S2110:38 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Black Day: Kashmiris observe Indian Republic Day with protests, ...10:10 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- PAKvSA, 1st Test – Proteas elect to bat against Green Shirts09:45 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,873 new infections, 58 deaths in 24 hours09:15 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021