Pakistan confirms 28 coronavirus cases while death toll rises to 5,043 across the globe
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has confirmed 28 cases of the coronavirus while the death toll rises to 5,043 around the world.
In a press conference, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health Dr Zafar Mirza announced that there were 28 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the country.
Earlier, seven new cases emerged in Taftan who have been kept in isolation.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has also called upon the entire nation to unite in playing a positive role in preventing the spread of Coronavirus.
While chairing the National Security Committee meeting, especially called to review the current status of coronavirus pandemic and Pakistan's response to it several precautionary measures were taken to halt the coronavirus spread in the country.
Meanwhile, a total of 3,176 people have died in China, followed by 1,016 in Italy, and 514 in Iran.
Since COVID-19 was first detected in December last year, more than 134,300 people have been infected in 121 countries and territories.
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 15 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,56007:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- PAF aircraft carrying medical equipment from China arrives Pakistan04:52 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019