COVID-19: EU warns against unilateral virus travel restrictions
BRUSSELS - The European Union (EU) has warned its member states against imposing unilateral travel bans to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said that travel bans cannot be the most effective measure against the virus, however, she added that health screening at borders and airports is necessary as a precautionary measure.
Since COVID-19 was first detected in December last year, more than 134,300 people have been infected in 121 countries.
- PAF aircraft carrying medical equipment from China arrives Pakistan04:52 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Mobile app to help combat coronavirus launched in Pakistan04:42 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab promulgates special ordinance for prevention of coronavirus ...03:28 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Politicians, scientists push govt to expand corornavirus testing ...03:00 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Pakistan's squash legend Azam Khan dies of coronavirus12:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019