CM Pervez Khattak inaugurates KPK's first bombproof prison in Mardan
Speaking on the occasion Khattak said the high-security prison has a capacity to host as many as 2200 prisoners at the same time. This will be the only high-security prison in our province the rest will be regular jails, he said.
He further told reporters that prisoners from the Mardan District Jail would be transferred to the new high-security prison in the next few days.
He also announced that the old prison would be converted into a family park.
The foundation stone of the prison was laid by former Chief Minister Amir Haider Khan Hoti in 2009. Approximately Rs1.75 billion has been spent on the construction of the prison.
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021