Israel approves new homes across occupied West Bank days after Gulf deals
Israel approved hundreds of new homes in settlements across the occupied West Bank on Wednesday, ending a long halt on expansion, reported international media.
The approval for 2,166 new homes comes days after two Arab states – United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain – signed agreements with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington, US to normal ties, in return promised to stop annexation of West Bank.
UAE, Bahrain formally recognise Israel without ... 11:04 PM | 15 Sep, 2020
WASHINGTON - Two Arab countries – Kingdom of Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) – on Tuesday ...
NGO Peace Now condemned the move besides revealing that 2,000 more homes were expected to be given go-ahead on Thursday.
“Netanyahu is moving ahead at full steam toward solidifying the de facto annexation of the West Bank,” the NGO said in a statement.
Jordan foreign ministry spokesperson Daifalla Ali Alfayez condemning the move termed the decision as “unilateral and illegal”.
Palestinian presidential spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeina said the Israeli move exploited the warming relations in the Gulf and “blind support from the Trump administration”.
- Pakistani man booked for offering Rolex and Mercedes to Dubai cop as ...08:17 AM | 26 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran writes to Facebook for banning Islamophobic content11:17 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Emirates celebrates 35 years of connecting Pakistan to the world09:41 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Death toll in blast-hit Quetta reaches 709:29 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Medical Commission announces admission criteria for foreign ...08:53 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- Naumaan Ijaz’ Instagram account has been hacked02:01 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020