Rapists to lose manhood in Pakistan after new legislation
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has decided to bring a law to introduce stern punishment, including castration, for those involved in raping women and children.
Local media reports said that legal team has started working on preparing a draft of the bill, which will be tabled in the Parliament for approval.
The bill would suggest castration of sex offenders.
Prime Minister Imran Khan during an interview with a private news channel said that rape convicts should be hanged publicly and deprived of manhood.
The statements come after calls for public hanging were made by public after an incident of gang-rape on motorway last week.
On September 9, a woman was gang-raped by two robbers on Lahore-Sialkot motorway when her car ran out of fuel and she was waiting for help.
- IHC disposes of petition against arrest of journalist Imran Riaz Khan12:52 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan pip India in latest ICC World Test Championship points table11:43 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- YouTube in India bans short film on human rights violations in ...11:24 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022