Rapists to lose manhood in Pakistan after new legislation
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has decided to bring a law to introduce stern punishment, including castration, for those involved in raping women and children.
Local media reports said that legal team has started working on preparing a draft of the bill, which will be tabled in the Parliament for approval.
The bill would suggest castration of sex offenders.
Prime Minister Imran Khan during an interview with a private news channel said that rape convicts should be hanged publicly and deprived of manhood.
The statements come after calls for public hanging were made by public after an incident of gang-rape on motorway last week.
On September 9, a woman was gang-raped by two robbers on Lahore-Sialkot motorway when her car ran out of fuel and she was waiting for help.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020