Stop deviating and victim-blaming: Anoushey Ashraf
The horrendous motorway incident has propagated a wave of terror and rage across the nation.
The the series of rape cases that have surfaced recently have sparked a conversation on women's safety and many people have come forward to share their instances of facing sexual harassment in public spaces.
The ONE time I had my behind pinched at the market was when I was covered from head to toe, dupatta on, zero makeup and oil in my hair...RAPISTS rape people, not outfits. Save the behayai rant for another day please. Stop deviating and victim blaming! #MotowayIncident— Anoushey Ashraf (@Anoushey_a) September 13, 2020
Actor Anoushey Ashraf, on social media,has also shared her own experience of being harassed at a market. “The one time I had my behind pinched at the market was when I was covered from head to toe, dupatta on, zero makeup and oil in my hair,” she revealed.
"Rapists rape people, not outfits," continued Ashraf, highlighting how important it is to stop victim-blaming or shaming. "Save the behayai rant for another day, please. Stop deviating and victim-blaming!" she said.
Women are at risk in Pakistan and the public has come together as one to demand adequate protection for women who fear their safety in this country.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020