Stop deviating and victim-blaming: Anoushey Ashraf
The horrendous motorway incident has propagated a wave of terror and rage across the nation.
The the series of rape cases that have surfaced recently have sparked a conversation on women's safety and many people have come forward to share their instances of facing sexual harassment in public spaces.
The ONE time I had my behind pinched at the market was when I was covered from head to toe, dupatta on, zero makeup and oil in my hair...RAPISTS rape people, not outfits. Save the behayai rant for another day please. Stop deviating and victim blaming! #MotowayIncident— Anoushey Ashraf (@Anoushey_a) September 13, 2020
Actor Anoushey Ashraf, on social media,has also shared her own experience of being harassed at a market. “The one time I had my behind pinched at the market was when I was covered from head to toe, dupatta on, zero makeup and oil in my hair,” she revealed.
"Rapists rape people, not outfits," continued Ashraf, highlighting how important it is to stop victim-blaming or shaming. "Save the behayai rant for another day, please. Stop deviating and victim-blaming!" she said.
Women are at risk in Pakistan and the public has come together as one to demand adequate protection for women who fear their safety in this country.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022