"No individual has the right to kill anyone for blasphemy", major Islamic scholars stand up against brutal vigilantism
Reacting over the murder of a Mashal at Abdul Wali Khan University in Mardan, renowned Islamic scholar Mufti Taqi Usmani highlighted that no individual has the right to kill anyone in the wake of blasphemy as Pakistan has proper law to handle such matters.
He added that state is responsible to award punishment to people in the blasphemy case that is a sensitive issue.
"Legislation and implementation of laws are the sole responsibility of the state," he said while talking to Samaa news.
On the other hand, Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Sardar Mohammad Yousaf has said that blasphemy by anyone cannot be pardoned but no one will be allowed to interfere in state affairs.
On Thursday, Mashal Khan, a journalism student, was stripped, lynched and thrown from the second floor of his hostel to death at the university.
- Emergency declared in Quetta as monsoon rains kill 13 in Balochistan02:26 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In a first, Indonesia book place in ICC World Cup01:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- IHC disposes of petition against arrest of journalist Imran Riaz Khan12:52 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Hira Mani enjoys rain in blue saree (See Photos)10:39 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022