Police find no evidence of blasphemy by Mashal
After the incident, the police have seized all evidence from the hostel room where Mashal lived for further investigation.
On Thursday, a mass communication student named Mishal was lynched and then killed over alleged blasphemy following violent demonstrations inside Abdul Wali Khan University.
On the other hand, the university has initiated an inquiry into alleged blasphemy of three students, including Mashal.
One of the three students was injured by the mob before the brutal killing of Mashal Khan on allegations of blasphemy.
A notification from the university dated April 13—the same day Mashal was killed— was signed by the assistant registrar and states that the two other students have been rusticated and banned from entry into the university (all campuses) until further orders.
After the brutal killing, police have registered two separate cases against 20 suspects and arrested eight suspects over the incident.
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Action sought against Imran Khan, Yasmin Rashid for ‘smear campaign ...08:49 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- IT and Textile could play critical role in Pakistan's economic ...08:12 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Yashma Gill shares her views regarding Humayun Saeed’s famous ...08:00 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Sindh announces public holidays for Eidul-Adha 202207:31 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:33 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022