Gold hits all-time high in Pakistan, crosses Rs100,000/tola mark amid coronavirus outbreak
KARACHI - The price of gold in Pakistan on Wednesday reached all-time high of Rs100,400 per tola as the world economy struggling due to coronavirus pandemic.
All Sindh Saraf Jewellers Association's latest rate list showed a surge of Rs700/tola on Tuesday. Rate of 10-gram gold increased by Rs600 to Rs86,076.
In the international market, bullion price swelled to $1,721/ounce after witnessing $31 surge.
The local market, however, remained closed due to the lockdown imposed in the country to stem the spread of the infection in the country.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 5,988, according to government data, after recording more than 272 new cases on Wednesday.
- Pakistan surpasses 280,000 cases of coronavirus – 6,010 confirmed ...11:48 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Gold prices reach shocking $2,000 per ounce for first time ever11:37 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistani boy becomes internet sensation with videos of long jump ...10:39 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- At least 10 killed after massive explosions shake Lebanon’s Beirut ...09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Insurance amount for Karachi plane crash victims increased to Rs10 ...08:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020