Gold hits all-time high in Pakistan, crosses Rs100,000/tola mark amid coronavirus outbreak
KARACHI - The price of gold in Pakistan on Wednesday reached all-time high of Rs100,400 per tola as the world economy struggling due to coronavirus pandemic.
All Sindh Saraf Jewellers Association's latest rate list showed a surge of Rs700/tola on Tuesday. Rate of 10-gram gold increased by Rs600 to Rs86,076.
In the international market, bullion price swelled to $1,721/ounce after witnessing $31 surge.
The local market, however, remained closed due to the lockdown imposed in the country to stem the spread of the infection in the country.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 5,988, according to government data, after recording more than 272 new cases on Wednesday.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020