Punjab issues notification to ensure protection of sugarcane’ grower’s rights
LAHORE –Punjab government has decided to ensure protection of rights of growers of sugarcane.
A notification has been issued regarding the purchase of the sugarcane price.
In a statement issued from Lahore today (Saturday), Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar said that now sugar mill owners will have to buy sugarcane from farmers at the notified rates.
The issue proper receipts while the weight and price of sugarcane will also be printed on the receipt, he said.
He said that penalty of imprisonment up to three years or a fine up to five million rupees will be awarded over violation of the said rules.
- Pakistan reports 825 new COVID-19 cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours10:31 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan decides to celebrate Ishq-e-Rasool (PBUH) week starting 12 ...10:07 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Another BRT Peshawar bus develops technical fault09:52 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Celebs express grief over Peshawar madrassa blast04:01 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Expanding the skin colour palette, beauty industry leader celebrates ...03:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- The Weeknd leads American Music Awards nominations02:21 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020