Sitara-e-Imtiaz: Two Turkish receive Pakistan's civil award
ISLAMABAD – President Dr. Arif Alvi conferred Pakistan's civil awards upon two Turkish nationals at a special investiture ceremony in Istanbul on Sunday.
Dr. Selami Kiliç received the prestigious Sitara-e-Imtiaz for his services during the relief activities after 2005 devastating earthquake and during 2010 floods in Pakistan.
He was also at the forefront of the initiative to establish the Recep Tayyip Erdogan Hospital at Muzaffargarh.
Dr Selami is currently working as the head of the Foreign Affairs Department of the Turkish Ministry of Health.
The President also conferred the award of Sitara-i-Quaid-i-Azam upon Prof. Dr. Celal Soydan, in recognition of his outstanding contribution for promotion of Urdu and other Services to Pakistan.
- Supreme Court urged to probe leaked audio of PM Shehbaz, ministers on ...01:27 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Clip of Imran Khan offering prayers in helicopter goes viral01:20 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- BISE Lahore announces date for Intermediate part-II results12:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022