Kashmiris observe India’s independence day as black day
SRINAGAR – Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and across the world mark India’s independence day as a black day in protest against New Delhi’s perpetual denial of the right to self-determination of Kashmiris.
August 15 is marked by a complete shutdown and civil curfew in the occupied valley on call of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference which is also supported by pro-freedom leaders and organizations.
Kashmiris hoisted black flags in the disputed territory against unrelenting war crimes by Indian forces.
Hurriyat leaders said India has no locus standi to celebrate its Independence Day in Kashmir as it is holding the Himalayan territory against the will of the people.
Detained leader Shabbir Shah, in a message sent from New Delhi’s Tihar Jail said India is an oppressor that has deprived millions of Kashmiris of their fundamental rights.
He said that India’s illegal occupation of Jammu and Kashmir is a brazen violation of international law and UN resolutions.
Every year, Kashmiris observe India’s national days as ‘Black Day’ to condemn state-sponsored terrorism.
Pakistan observes Black Day, shows resolute ... 11:49 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistanis and Kashmiris across the world are observing ‘Black Day’ today to register the ...
The Modi-led government has unleashed the worst-ever atrocities against the Kashmiri youth fighting for the liberation of the motherland from Indian rule for decades.
For 7 decades India is suppressing innocent Kashmiris, more than 96 thousand have been martyred, 11 thousand women are raped, and more than one lac children are orphans, due to the brutalities of Indian soldiers in the occupied valley.
India troops kill four youth in occupied Kashmir ... 11:21 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
SRINAGAR – Indian troops martyred four another youth in illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam ...
- Alleged audio leak of PM Shehbaz reveals request to ‘facilitate’ ...10:29 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Senior Pakistani journalist Ayaz Amir arrested in Sarah Inam’s ...09:44 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army soldiers martyred in North Waziristan IED blast09:05 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:27 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Abrar to file case against Bollywood director Karan Johar in India09:45 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Sarwat Gillani talks about her cosmetic procedures and wardrobe ...10:10 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022