Russian government resigns after President Putin proposes amendments in constitution
MOSCOW — Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev announced on Wednesday that his government has submitted resignation to President Vladimir Putin.
The decision of the resignation came on heels of Putin's annual state of the nation address to lawmakers earlier today.
The Russian president during his speech hinted at amending the constitution to more empower the prime minister and cabinet members.
Russian news outlets said Putin thanked the outgoing Medvedev and his government for his service. Reports say Putin plans to name Medvedev as deputy of the presidential Security Council.
The outgoing premier served the country at this position since 2012. He remained president for four year in 2008-2012.
The cabinet of Medvedev will continue to work as caretaker government until new cabinet is installed.
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran terms CPEC excellent project08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020