Cyber Alert! Top Pakistan IT body advises people to no share sensitive data via WhatsApp
Under the new policy, the messaging app will share the data about users’ location, IP address, phone and network operator details including IMEI, the NITB warned. It also said that personal data of a user including monetary transaction and payments will also be shared by WhatsApp.
The Pakistani body has issued a slew of advices to public about how using Whatsapp after the new privacy policies are implemented. It said, "Do not share sensitive information/ documents via WhatsApp at any cost."
Meanwhile, in response to the messaging app's announcement, Federal Minister for Information Technology Amin ul Haq said Friday that working on developing WhatsApp alternate, named Smart Office, is underway, adding that the locally-developed app is currently in testing phase.
WhatsApp chief ‘clears the air’ on new ... 10:20 PM | 11 Jan, 2021
WhatsApp head Will Cathcart clarified issued several tweets on Sunday, in an attempt to clear the air regarding the ...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:59 AM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 02 December 202210:36 AM | 2 Dec, 2022
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Germany crashed out as Japan and Spain progress ...09:08 AM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- 'Don't boycott hard work of 300 people,' Farhan Saeed tells people ...11:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals in latest video07:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022