England beat India by 86 runs in 2nd ODI
India, set 323 to win, lost early wickets and were eventually dismissed for 236 when Yuzvendra Chahal holed out off the very last ball of their 50 overs.
Victory saw England, top of the ODI rankings to India's second, level the three-match series at 1-1 ahead of Tuesday's finale at Headingley
Joe Root's 113 and fifties from England one-day captain Eoin Morgan (53) and David Willey (50 not out) helped take the hosts to a competitive 322 for seven after they won the toss.
England fast bowler Liam Plunkett then led the attack with four for 46 in his maximum 10 overs.
Left-arm wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav, who had tormented England with six wickets for 25 in India's eight-wicket win in the first ODI at Trent Bridge on Thursday, took three for 68 at Lord's.
England 322-7, 50 overs (J Root 113, E Morgan 53, D Willey 50 no; Kuldeep Yadav 3-68)
India 236, 50 overs (L Plunkett 4-46)
Result: England won by 86 runs
Series: Three-match series level at 1-1
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021