Coronavirus — Balochistan extends smart lockdown for further 15 days
QUETTA – The Balochistan government on Wednesday extended smart lockdown for more 15 days till July 30 to control the spread of coronavirus.
The home department has issued a notification in this regard ahead of Eidul Azha.
All sports and recreational places will remain closed while markets and other shops are allowed to open till 7pm.
The government has also banned all religious gatherings due to the coronavirus situation.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has reached to 255,79, according to the latest official data.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 5,386, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 172,810 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 2,026, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 1,863 and 1,114 fatalities respectively. Islamabad has recorded 155 fatalities; Balochistan, 126 deaths; Azad Kashmir, 45; and Gilgit Baltistan, 36.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Pakistan appoints fourth finance minister in two years in latest ...07:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- NACTA adds TLP to banned outfits’ list of Pakistan05:49 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021