Coronavirus — Balochistan extends smart lockdown for further 15 days
QUETTA – The Balochistan government on Wednesday extended smart lockdown for more 15 days till July 30 to control the spread of coronavirus.
The home department has issued a notification in this regard ahead of Eidul Azha.
All sports and recreational places will remain closed while markets and other shops are allowed to open till 7pm.
The government has also banned all religious gatherings due to the coronavirus situation.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has reached to 255,79, according to the latest official data.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 5,386, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 172,810 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 2,026, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 1,863 and 1,114 fatalities respectively. Islamabad has recorded 155 fatalities; Balochistan, 126 deaths; Azad Kashmir, 45; and Gilgit Baltistan, 36.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020