PM Imran visits Diamer-Bhasha Dam project site
CHILAS - Prime Minister Imran Khan visited Diamer- Bhasha Dam project site today (Wednesday), where Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Director General ISI Lt. General Faiz Hameed were also present on the occasion.
The prime minister was briefed on the progress in work on the project.
He will shortly address a public gathering at Chilas.
Diamer Bhasha Dam, a vital project for water, food and energy security of Pakistan, will have a gross water storage capacity of 8.1 million acre feet (MAF) to irrigate 1.23 million acres of additional land, is being constructed on River Indus, 315 Kilometer (Km) upstream of Tarbela Dam, 180 Km downstream of Gilgit, and 40 Km downstream of Chilas town.
The project has three core objectives namely water storage for agriculture, flood mitigation and hydel power generation.
The project will provide more than 18 billion units per annum to the National Grid and is scheduled to be completed in 2028-29.
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- NACTA adds TLP to banned outfits’ list of Pakistan05:49 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests: PM Imran pays tribute to police for heroically tackling ...05:19 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani actress Shehzeen Rahat ties the knot03:26 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021