PM Imran visits Diamer-Bhasha Dam project site
CHILAS - Prime Minister Imran Khan visited Diamer- Bhasha Dam project site today (Wednesday), where Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Director General ISI Lt. General Faiz Hameed were also present on the occasion.
The prime minister was briefed on the progress in work on the project.
He will shortly address a public gathering at Chilas.
Diamer Bhasha Dam, a vital project for water, food and energy security of Pakistan, will have a gross water storage capacity of 8.1 million acre feet (MAF) to irrigate 1.23 million acres of additional land, is being constructed on River Indus, 315 Kilometer (Km) upstream of Tarbela Dam, 180 Km downstream of Gilgit, and 40 Km downstream of Chilas town.
The project has three core objectives namely water storage for agriculture, flood mitigation and hydel power generation.
The project will provide more than 18 billion units per annum to the National Grid and is scheduled to be completed in 2028-29.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020