US Dollar skyrockets to Rs146.25 against PKR
The dollar witnessed an increase of Rs2.25 against the Pakistani currency, days after Adviser on Finance Abdul Hafeez Sheikh confirmed reaching an agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Pakistan would be given $6 billion bailout in three years by the international lender as part of the agreement.
The international lender has been seeking a free flow of Pakistani currency against the greenback, a visible indication of which could be today's exchange rate.
The increment in the value of Dollar against the Pakistani currency would lead to inflation as imports would become more expensive, however, the devaluation could spur exports.
- Pakistan thanks OIC for steadfast support on Kashmir dispute11:32 PM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Nottingham Islam under fire over 'Nikkah between men'11:17 PM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Kumar Bheel – A Pakistani Hindu who saved 18 people from burning ...10:34 PM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Pakistani court in action over woman's claims of abuse by Babar Azam09:42 PM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Diesel price increased, petrol price to remain unchanged09:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020