Atif Aslam recites Asma ul Husna for Coke Studio special
LAHORE - In the holy spirit of Ramazan 2020, Pakistani sensational artist Atif Aslam has recently lent his voice to recite the Asma-Ul-Husna, the 99 attributes of Allah, for a Coke Studio special.
Coke Studio's take on the classic builds a multilayered soundscape, beginning with the sounds of a collision – signifying the creation of the universe – followed by the echoes of “Allah" sampled from the Azaan of Makkah. The recitation borrows 24 voices from across the country to build a large acapella ensemble.
To further enhance the acapella, the choir arrangement uses vocals from around the world and a unique arrangement of reverberating duff. The whole composition finally comes together seamlessly with Atif Aslam's soaring vocals reciting the 99 names. The recitation ends poignantly with Al-Saboor, conveying a message of calm and endurance.
The three and a half minute track is produced by Zulfiqar “Xulfi" Jabbar Khan, while the video is directed by Asim Raza.
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021