Coronavirus: Trump warns of cutting ‘whole relationship’ with China
WASHINGTON – Tension between China and the US – the two largest world economies – continues to rise as President Donald Trump has warned off cutting all ties with Beijing over its alleged role in the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The Trump’s statement comes as coronavirus cases across the globe topped 4.5 million with over 300,000 deaths.
Despite a warning of second wave of infections by the various health experts, various countries have started easing lockdown to spin the wheel of halted economies.
The number of COVID-19 deaths in the United States has swelled to 86,000, the highest toll of any country.
Trump on Thursday in an interview reiterated his claim that Beijing concealed the true scale of the health crisis after the virus emerged in Chinese city of Wuhan late last year.
"I'm very disappointed in China. I will tell you that right now," he said. Responding to a question he warned: "We could cut off the whole relationship".
- YouTube in India bans short film on human rights violations in ...11:24 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s young mountaineer Shehroze Kashif found after he went ...10:03 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh detained from hotel in Lahore09:24 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:56 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022