Tank: Man burns wife to death for not granting permission for second marriage
The police have arrested the suspect.
The issue came under the spotlight after 20 days when she died at the Christian hospital on Tuesday from the effect of burn injuries and police registered a case against the suspect on complaint of victim’s father.
According to local media, Mohammad Khan, told the police that his daughter was 17 years old when she had been forced to marry Faiz Mohammad. The two resides in Garah Akoro Khan Village of Tank.
He added that differences developed between them when Faiz sought permission from the victim for a second marriage.
Following the dispute, the accused poured petrol on his wife and set her ablaze, the complainant claimed, adding that later Faiz tried to mislead them by showing that his wife had set herself on fire.
He urged the authorities to start a high-level probe into the killing of his daughter and bring the accused to justice.
He lamented that police did not file the complaint when the girl was under treatment at the hospital.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022