‘Qeemat Punjab’: PTI set to launch web portal for immediate action against profiteers
Price control magistrates of all districts would be linked to the web portal, Multan Commissioner Imran Sikandar Baloch said in a meeting on Tuesday.
People would be given a particular number so that they should register their complaints related to undue profiteering .
Consumers can also lodge a complaint against any shop/store selling substandard products or at jacked up prices. It also allows users to complain against a shopkeepers’ misbehavior.
The complaints will immediately be referred to relevant price control magistrates police station for a prompt action.
PITB conducted an elaborate training session of Qeemat Punjab, web portal & mobile app, via video conferencing for SNAs of 36 districts of Punjab. The training was conducted by Manager IT, Qaiser Shabbir. pic.twitter.com/McjsklbTK1— Punjab Information Technology Board (@PITB_Official) April 9, 2019
The commissioner directed the officials to take strict action against hoarders and to provide maximum relief to common men.
He directed deputy commissioners of Vehari, Lodharan, Khanewal and Multan to inspect bazaars and monitor prices. Similarly, price control magistrates were directed to submit report on daily bases.
Earlier, the officials briefed that 117 price control magistrates had been deputed across the division. They raided 6671 scattered places, registered 117 FIRs and arrested 58 hoarders and profiteers. The shopkeepers were fined over Rs 2.5 million for profiteering .
In February this year, the District administration of Sialkot, with the consultation of Adviser to the Prime Minister on Youth Affairs, had launched the app named ‘Qeemat Sialkot.’
The Deputy Commissioner Sialkot has also formed a special monitoring unit which will look into the daily complaints.
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019