Pakistan appoints fourth finance minister in two years in latest cabinet shakeup
ISLAMABAD – The PTI-led government has appointed a new finance minister, the fourth in two years, in a latest reshuffle in its economic team at a crucial time for outlining budget and implementing IMF-given reforms.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has picked Shaukat Tarin, a former banker, to replace incumbent Finance Minister Hammad Azahar, who was appointed nearly three weeks ago.
This is the second change in economic team in few weeks as Abdul Hafeez Shaikh was removed as the finance minister late March, giving portfolio to Azhar.
The premier has also shaken up other economy-related ministries, including the economic affairs and power portfolios.
PM Imran reshuffles federal cabinet, inducting ... 02:41 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has reshuffled the federal cabinet, according to reports in local ...
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022