PAKvSA – Pakistan beat South Africa to seal T20I series
With an impressive performance by Fakhar Zaman, Pakistan thrashed South Africa by three wickets in 4th and last T20I match to win the series at Supersport Park in Centurion on Friday.
Chasing 145 runs target, Shaheens hit 149 runs in 19.5 overs at the loss of seven wickets. Zaman smashed stunning 60 of 44 balls while Babar Azam made 24 runs before he was removed by Lizzad Williams.
Mohammad Rizwan, who earned various titles in first three matches with his thrilling performance, was sent to pavilion for duck in the final match of the series.
Earlier today, Pakistan won the toss and elected to bowl first against Proteas.
Jenneman Malan and Rassie van der Dussen remained top scorer from Proteas as they made 33 and 55 respectively.
However, no other player could make double digit except Aiden Makaram, who scored 11 runs.
Hassain Ali and Faheem Ashraf displayed impressive bowling skills as they claimed three wickets each while Harif Rauf took 2 wickets.
Pakistani bowlers sent all Proteas players to pavilion in 19.3 overs
Earlier, Pakistan won the toss and elected to bowl first against South Africa.
The final game will start at 05:30 pm Pakistan Standard Time.
Pakistan lead the four-match series 2-1.
Captain Babar Azam says they are confident to keep going with the same momentum in today's match. At a virtual press conference, the skipper said he was optimistic that the team would repeat the same performance in the final match.
"The outcome of the series relies upon the 4th T20 result," Babar said, vowing that they are looking forward to continue with the same tempo which they had shown in the third T20.
“We’ll try our best to show you the best performance in the final game against South Africa,” the 26-year-old added.
Pakistan: Babar Azam (captain), Arshad Iqbal, Asif Ali, Danish Aziz, Faheem Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper), Mohammad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper), Shaheen Shah Afridi, Sharjeel Khan, Usman Qadir, Zahid Mahmood
South Africa: Heinrich Klaasen (captain, wicketkeeper), Daryn Dupavillon, Bjorn Fortuin, Beuran Hendricks, George Linde, Wihan Lubbe, Sisanda Magala, Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo, Migael Pretorius, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lutho Sipamla, Pite van Biljon, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Lizaad Williams
- PM Shehbaz approves early retirement of Lt Gen Faiz Hameed01:53 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Election process and football activities making rapid progress in ...01:29 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Balochistan police arrest PTI Senator Azam Swati over controversial ...12:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: England pile up 657 runs against Pakistan on Day 212:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill shares romantic photos with Vicky Kaushal09:22 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- 'Don't boycott hard work of 300 people,' Farhan Saeed tells people ...11:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022