Spot-fixing case: PCB may charge Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif today
"Both the players have been issued a demand notice over alleged spot-fixing during the Pakistan Super League," Samaa TV reported while quoting PCB sources.
After a hearing, the players have been asked to file today the details of their mobile communication, travel, meetings and activities in UAE, the report further added.
Due to the ongoing investigation, PCB has suspended – Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and Nasir Jamshed – all have represented Pakistan in international cricket.
Yesterday, fast bowler Muhammad Irfan, who is also under investigation, was slapped with various restrictions. He has been barred from using his cell phone and meeting his fellow cricketers in the PSL.
Investigators have not so far cleared Muhammad Irfan who is playing for Islamabad United.
Two more players of Zulfiqar Babar (Quetta Gladiator) and Shahzaib Hasan (Karachi Kings) were also quizzed but cleared of any wrong-doing.
British police said they had arrested Pakistani batsman Nasir Jamshed and a person named Yousuf on Tuesday in connection with bribery offences as part of an investigation into the spot-fixing.
UK authorities are working closely with PCB and International Cricket Council’s anti-corruption units.
Sharjeel and Latif have been accused of meet a suspicious person linked to an international betting syndicate.
Sharjeel has a contract with English county side Leicestershire to play in the domestic Twenty20 Blast tournament later this year.
- PMDC restored as Senate approves amendment bill11:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mash-up of two songs with young fan Arshman ...11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022