Justice Mazahir Ali Naqvi sworn in as SC judge
ISLAMABAD - Justice Mazahir Ali Akbar Naqvi on Monday sworn in as a judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Naqvi filled the seat that was left vacant by Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosa's departure.
The oath-taking ceremony, which was attended by top court judges, law officers, and senior lawyers. Justice Naqvi will serve as a Supreme Court Judge until 2025.
The Ministry of Law had issued a notification after the approval of President Arif Alvi.
Hailing from Gujranwala, Justice Naqvi was elevated to the Bench on 19 February 2010 at the Lahore High Court, Lahore. Justice Naqvi has been a practicing Advocate at the Supreme Court of Pakistan and the High Courts since 2001 and 1988.
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021