Justice Mazahir Ali Naqvi sworn in as SC judge
ISLAMABAD - Justice Mazahir Ali Akbar Naqvi on Monday sworn in as a judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Naqvi filled the seat that was left vacant by Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosa's departure.
The oath-taking ceremony, which was attended by top court judges, law officers, and senior lawyers. Justice Naqvi will serve as a Supreme Court Judge until 2025.
The Ministry of Law had issued a notification after the approval of President Arif Alvi.
Hailing from Gujranwala, Justice Naqvi was elevated to the Bench on 19 February 2010 at the Lahore High Court, Lahore. Justice Naqvi has been a practicing Advocate at the Supreme Court of Pakistan and the High Courts since 2001 and 1988.
- Pakistan calls for lifting restrictions in IoJ&K as COVID-19 pandemic ...10:58 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 16 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,58907:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019