Justice Mazahir Ali Naqvi sworn in as SC judge
ISLAMABAD - Justice Mazahir Ali Akbar Naqvi on Monday sworn in as a judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Naqvi filled the seat that was left vacant by Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosa's departure.
The oath-taking ceremony, which was attended by top court judges, law officers, and senior lawyers. Justice Naqvi will serve as a Supreme Court Judge until 2025.
The Ministry of Law had issued a notification after the approval of President Arif Alvi.
Hailing from Gujranwala, Justice Naqvi was elevated to the Bench on 19 February 2010 at the Lahore High Court, Lahore. Justice Naqvi has been a practicing Advocate at the Supreme Court of Pakistan and the High Courts since 2001 and 1988.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020