COAS Bajwa expresses grief over demise of Fakhruddin G Ebrahim
RAWALPINDI - Chief Of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa expressed grief on the demise of former chief election commissioner, Fakhruddin G Ebrahim, on Tuesday, said military's media wing.
According to the DG ISPR, the army chief also prayed for the departed soul.
COAS expresses grief on demise of Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) January 7, 2020
“May Allah bless the departed soul and gives strength to the bereaved family, Aamen”, COAS.
"May Allah bless the departed soul and give strength to the bereaved family, Aamen," the DG ISPR quoted the army chief was saying.
Earlier today, retired Pakistani judge and legal expert Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim passed away in Sindh capital.
Born in 1928 in Ahmedabad, Bombay Presidency, British India, Ebrahim was a recipient of Tamgha-e-Imtiaz.
Pakistani jurist Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim dies at 91 04:28 PM | 7 Jan, 2020
KARACHI – Retired Pakistani judge and legal expert Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim passed away in Sindh capital on ...
Ebrahim was appointed to important posts throughout his life. He is a former attorney general of Pakistan and has also served in the capacities of the federal minister for law and governor.
He was appointed as the 24th Chief Election Commissioner of Pakistan on 14 July 2012 and served until he resigned on 31 July 2013 and oversaw the 2013 election.
He had also served as a judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Ebrahim also served as the attorney general of Pakistan during Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's government and was later appointed Sindh governor.
After Farooq Leghari dismissed former prime minister Benazir Bhutto's government in 1991, he was appointed as the federal law minister in the caretaker set-up that followed.
- PM Khan terms change in UK travel advice great news for Pakistan11:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019