UN Security Council for imposing sanctions on North Korea's missile test
North Korea on Sunday test-fired a ballistic missile from a region near its west coast amid tense relations with US, international media reported.
According to South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, the missile flew about 700 kilometres (435 miles) for 30 minutes before landing in the Sea of Japan, while the US Pacific Command said it did not seem an intercontinental ballistic missile.
In a unanimous statement backed by China, the council has promised strong measures in response to Pyongyang's "highly destabilising behaviour" and demanded a halt to "further nuclear and ballistic missiles tests".
Meanwhile, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres urged Pyongyang to return to the path of denuclearization saying the latest ballistic missile launch by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) is a threat to peace and security in the region.
“The Secretary-General condemns the launch of another ballistic missile by the country, the Spokesman said in a statement. He added that that launch violates Security Council resolution, and said that Mr. Guterres calls on the DPRK to “ensure full compliance with its international obligations.”
- Pakistan launches first ever animal rights curriculum05:58 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- TikToker Ayesha Akram faces arrest for defying court orders in ...05:35 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Inside the lavish wedding of Fazila Qazi and Qaisar Khan Nizamani's ...05:09 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Fajr Sheikh’s workout video goes viral09:05 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022