Ruet-e-Hilal Committee meets for Ramazan moon sighting today
The meetings of zonal and district Ruet-e-Hilal committees will also be held today at their respective headquarters for collecting pieces of evidence concerning sight of the crescent for the holy month of Ramazan.
In Karachi, the sun will set at 7:10 PM and the moon will be observed 61 minutes after. The Ruet-e-Hilal Committee has called on citizens to sight the crescent with the naked eye or through binoculars and then to convey their observation to the committee.
Earlier, Ruet-e-Hilal Research Council (RHRC) had predicted that the holy month of Ramazan was expected to begin from Thursday.
"The age of the new moon on the evening of Wednesday will be more than 26 hours in all cities of Pakistan," said the RHRC secretary-general.
Meanwhile, the holy fasting month is due to begin in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Malaysia and Middle East countries on Thursday.
The announcements came after religious authorities in Saudi Arabia failed to sight the crescent moon on Tuesday night, state media reported.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020