PM hails Sania Nishtar as World Bank ranks Ehsaas among top social programmes
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Sunday hailed the success of the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme, which has been listed in the top four global social protection programmes.
Taking it to Twitter, the premier wrote, ‘Congratulations to Sania and the Ehsaas team for achieving this milestone and well-deserved international recognition’.
Congratulations to Sania and the Ehsaas team for achieving this milestone and well-deserved int recognition. https://t.co/nl9c4T6UPr— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 16, 2021
World Bank on Saturday released a report on ‘global social protection responses to Covid-19’. The report ‘living paper’ comprised of 650 pages accompanying a database documenting how countries and territories are planning, implementing, or completing social protection measures in the context of the ongoing Covid pandemic.
The report suggests that a total of 3,333 social protection measures have been planned or implemented in 222 countries between March 20, 2020, and May 14, 2021.
Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program budget increased to ... 04:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Social Protection and Poverty Alleviation, Dr Sania Nishtar ...
Meanwhile, Pakistan ranks fourth globally in terms of the number of people covered and third globally in terms of the percentage of population covered amongst those that covered over 100 million people.
The World Bank in the report acknowledged that Pakistan’s Ehsaas Emergency Cash is one programme that has attained ‘impressive’ six-digit levels in this regard.
According to the statistics, the Ehsaas Emergency Cash delivered cash stipends of Rs. 12,000 to 15 million households last year, which meant ‘helping over 100 million people or half the country’s population’.
World Bank sees 17pc rise in Pakistan’s ... 12:00 PM | 16 May, 2021
LAHORE – As the global remittance flows tumble amid the coronavirus pandemic, remittance flow in South Asian ...
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021