World Bank sees 17pc rise in Pakistan’s remittances in 2020
LAHORE – As the global remittance flows tumble amid the coronavirus pandemic, remittance flow in South Asian countries increased and Pakistan is no exception, said a World Bank report.
According to the latest Migration and Development Brief published by the World Bank, the growth in the home remittances from Pakistanis working abroad last year was much faster than 5.2 percent inflows to the South Asian countries.
The remittances of the south asian county rose by about 17 percent, with the biggest growth coming from Saudi Arabia followed by the gulf and European countries.
A number of international financial institutions including the World Bank had predicted a plunge in remittance flows to Pakistan hinting at a parching of foreign exchange funds for the country. However, inflows have seen an unusual spike against all the predictions.
PM Imran cheers expats as Roshan Digital Account ... 01:22 PM | 24 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Saturday expressed gratitude over foreign exchange inflows via the Roshan ...
Experts suggest that FATF-related restrictions, limited international travel, and incentives offered by the central bank to overseas Pakistanis have driven growth in remittances in spite of the impacts of the Covid-19 crisis. Roshan Digital Accounts, which recently crossed the $1 billion mark, has also helped attract more overseas.
Overseas Pakistani can now open bank accounts ... 08:40 PM | 14 May, 2021
DUBAI - The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has exempted overseas Pakistanis from biometric verification to operate their ...
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021