Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is 'changing' - using Photoshop
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) led government, which holds a majority in the northern province, has just come under fire for what appears to be a questionable Photoshopping decision.
A Twitter user, Imran Tareen Khan, who goes by the name of 'PTI-KPK', recently uploaded a picture of 'Mardan International Airport built by PTI govt' using the PTI's official logo while praising the Imran Khan party for bringing 'Change' in the province.
— PTI-KPK (@ImranTareenKhan) November 11, 2017
However, while PTI supporters were cheering, the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport - a city-owned public airport in California, United States - contradicted the claim and revealed that actually, the picture is of the SJC airport's Terminal B, designed by Fentress Architects.
Please do not put your branding on images of SJC Airport. We are not affiliated with your group.
— San Jose Airport (@FlySJC) November 14, 2017
Sorry but we Pak ppl hv freaky nuts from party named PTI who prmised 2 make their ruled area lyk Paris NY London , 4 yrs gone cudn't do so nw photoshpng
BTW they r called YOUTHIAS in our country
— Ijaz Ahmed (@IjazAhm188) November 15, 2017
Don't worry, No person with a sane mind wants to be associated with this group.https://t.co/hXIacoZ4vb
— Saadify (@saadify) November 15, 2017
— Humanist (@TSM_Humanist) November 15, 2017
Its photoshop development of KPK province by its facebook revolution team ??
— ammar butt (@ButtMcom) November 15, 2017
At least they’re giving you free advertising ????
— M I Butt (@ikramButt786) November 15, 2017
— Sardar Rashid (@SardarR148) November 15, 2017
— Murtaza Zb ? (@murtazazb1) November 15, 2017
Some even suggested the US airport management to sue Imran Khan and his party.
— Awais Naseer??? (@awai_yar) November 15, 2017
It was made and spread by disgraced and ousted #Panama Sharif’s Notorious media cell to malign opposition since they have nothing to defend their govt with.
— A. (@Alevee12) November 15, 2017
کہنے میں کیا حرج ھے۔
لاھور کی کوئی جعلی تصویر دیکھی کبھی؟ تم تو اپنے جلسوں میں بھی اٹلی کی جعلی تصویریں لگاتے ھو۔ ڈوب مرو بے شرمو، اور اپنے لیڈر کو بھی لے ڈوبو۔
— بنتِ عمران خان (@bee_jamalo) November 16, 2017
Earlier this week, it was discovered that they tried to pass off pictures from Switzerland as being from Peshawar in an official newspaper advertisement.
The advertisement, published in an Urdu daily as well as being promoted on government’s various social media pages, depicted a picture of a waste management truck meant for maintaining the cleanliness of streets. However, it was later pointed out that the truck so proudly displayed as part of the ad does not exist anywhere in the country as it is a street cleaning vehicle from the Central European nation of Switzerland.
PPP representative Majid Agha reacted to the event saying “What the PTI Govt is faking through Photoshop in KPK for advertising & deceiving people, Sindh Govt has launched it long ago to serve the masses without any advertisement.”
What PTI Govt faking through Photoshop in KPK for advertising & deceiving People, Sindh Govt has launched it long ago to serve the masses - no advertisement. #KeepTheChange #WeldoneSindhGovt pic.twitter.com/UvFzP9Jz9P
— Majid Agha (@Majid_Agha) November 13, 2017
— Bakhtawar B-Zardari (@BakhtawarBZ) November 13, 2017
Even as the PTI is found not having any direct involvement in creating such fake image, no official response to the issue has been received so far. Perhaps the party chairman will give a clarification in his next jalsa (public gathering)!
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020