ECP unveils schedule for by-elections across Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) announced on Friday that the by-elections on national and provincial assembly seats will be held countrywide on October 14.
According to the schedule issued by the electoral body, the returning officers of the concerned constituencies will publish public notices on August 27 after which the candidates will submit nomination papers from August 28 to 30.
The initial list of the candidates will be published on August 31 and the review of the nomination papers filed will be conducted until September 4.
Another list of candidates will be published on September 14 and candidates will be able to withdraw their nominations till September 15.
The final list of the candidates will be released on September 16, complete with their respective electoral symbols.
According to the number of seats vacated by the lawmakers, by-elections are set to take place on 11 National Assembly (NA) and 19 provincial assembly seats lying vacant.
The National Assembly seats where the bye-elections will take place are: NA-35, NA-53, NA-60, NA-63, NA-65, NA-69, NA-103, NA-124, NA-131 and NA-243.
Pakistan's upcoming Prime Minister Imran Khan has vacated four seats, from Lahore, Bannu, Karachi and Rawalpindi.
On Thursday, the ECP had announced that the presidential elections will take place on September 4. Voting for the presidential election will be held in the NA and the four provincial assemblies from 10am to 4pm.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020