Bejing-based multilateral bank to finance Pakistan’s socio-economic projects
ISLAMABAD – The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has decided to finance a number of development projects in Pakistan targeting socio-economic uplift, bank’s President Jin Liqun said Tuesday.
In a meeting with President Dr Arif Alvi here at Aiwan-e-Sadr, the head of the multilateral development bank headquartered in Beijing, China said “AIIB was fully committed to socio-economic development of Pakistan”.
With a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia, AIIB invest in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors.
President AIIB said his visit to Pakistan would give an understanding about the country’s socio-economic needs and the priorities of the government.
President Dr. Arif Alvi said Pakistan’s investment policy provided a comprehensive framework for conducive business environment to attract Foreign Direct Investment.
He also appreciated the AIIB’s funding of US$100 million for M-4 Gojra-Shorkot motorway and US$ 300 million for Tarbela-V hydropower project.
- Iran urges Saudi Arabia to work together to resolve problems10:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- PIA detected 466 fake degree-holders in last 5 years09:45 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan on right track after tackling inherited economic woes, says ...08:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Naming Babar Azam as captain, PCB announces squad for T20 matches ...08:14 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- China rejects US diplomat's 'negative propaganda' against CPEC ...08:01 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019