Istanbul nightclub attacker arrested after huge manhunt
Abdulkadir Masharipov is believed to have carried out the attack on the Reina club leaving 39 people dead. The Uzbek national is said to have been arrested from Istanbul's Esenyurt district after receiving training in Afghanistan.
Citizens of Israel, France, Tunisia, Lebanon, India, Belgium, Jordan and Saudi Arabia were among the victims, and dozens of people were injured.
The attacker had begun shooting at people as he approached the club, before going inside and continuing the rampage. He then took advantage of the ensuing chaos to escape, leaving his weapons behind.
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Most-wanted' suspect in Sri Lankan citizen’s lynching arrested10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- PIA allowed to operate additional flights to Saudi Arabia09:29 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Civil-military leadership vows measures to curb mob killings after ...08:53 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021