Causalities feared as marriage hall building collapses in Mirpur
MUZAFFARABAD – An operation is underway to rescue more than 50 people who struck beneath the debris and rubble after a building of a marriage hall collapsed on Friday in Azad Jammu and Kashmir
The incident occurred when labourers were working to renovate the three-storey building Chaksawari area.
Police said ten people have been recovered from the rubble while over 50 people are still stranded.
A police official said that the owner of the marriage hall, Nadeem, is also among those buried under the rubble.
The deputy commissioner Mirpur informed that Pakistan Army officials and rescue personnel are making efforts to save the lives.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020