Transparent elections only possible through electronic voting: PM Imran
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Thursday highlighted the significance and necessity of an electronic voting system for the next free and fair elections.
The premier, while reiterating the resolve to ensure transparency in the next electoral process, said ‘the use of electronic voting machines (EVMs) is the only option to prevent rigging and make the electoral process transparent. PM also resolved that overseas Pakistanis will be made part of the country’s next electoral process.
Khan made comments during a briefing on the use of electronic voting machines in the electoral process. Minister for Science and Technology Shibli Faraz, Leader of the House in the Senate Senator Dr. Shehzad Wasim, Minister for Railways Azam Khan Swati, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Farrukh Habib, and Advisor to the Prime Minister Babar Awan were present during the briefing.
وزیر اعظم عمران خان کی زیر صدارت ملک میں انتخابی عمل میں الیکٹرانک ووٹنگ مشین کے استعمال پر بریفنگ- pic.twitter.com/0ImixYuttv— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) June 17, 2021
PM after chairing a meeting in the federal capital, issued directives for making the process of use of electronic voting machines (EVMs) and fulfilling all legal requirements in this regard. He ordered the concerned authorities to complete all preparations at the earliest.
Earlier, the Elections Bill Second Amendment was passed which pertains to the fair, free, and transparent election through the use of the latest technology. Amendments were sought in sections 94 and 103 of the Election Act, 2017 to achieve the aforesaid objectives.
Shehbaz Sharif rejects proposal of electronic ... 01:57 PM | 2 May, 2021
LAHORE – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif Sunday rejected the government's proposal ...
On the other hand, the opposition alliance PDM rejected the government's electoral reforms, saying the government had passed two laws that paved the way for it to rig the upcoming polls.
PDM chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman while speaking in this regard said ‘PDM rejects the government's unilateral electoral reforms ordinance, including the voting machines, and terms it as pre-poll rigging’.
New mechanism to ensure transparency in next ... 03:49 PM | 7 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry Monday announced that the next general election will ...
- PM Imran thanks MBS after Saudi Arabia revives $3bn support to ...12:28 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan observes Black Day, shows resolute support for Kashmiris11:49 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- ‘Security issue resolved’: Fans mock Kiwis after Pakistan ...11:24 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shoaib Akhtar quits PTV Sports over Nauman Niaz's 'obnoxious' ...10:55 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Twin cities' areas sealed to intercept TLP long march10:28 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021