Pakistan’s first Sikh female journalist to be honoured with prestigious award in UK
ISLAMABAD – A UK-based global Sikh group has selected Pakistan’s first Sikh female journalist, Manmeet Kaur, for a prestigious award in recognition of her services of minorities and women rights.
‘The Sikh Group’ has listed the 25-year-old professional among 100 most influential Sikh personalities under 30 years of age.
Hailing from Peshawar, Kaur holds postgraduate degree in social sciences. She also worked as an administrator at an computer academy for three year.
Kaur, who has also been honoured locally for highlighted issues being faced by minorities and women, will be receiving award next year in a ceremony to be held in Britain.
The female journalist is happy after she has been named among influential Sikh personalities around the world.
Kaur said that hardworking pays back surely, adding that it was an honour for her and her family to represent Pakistan in the UK.
- Shehbaz Sharif confirms meeting with Army chief ahead of APC04:52 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Educational institutions to be opened gradually, says Pakistan's ...04:23 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- 2 sentenced to death, 4 awarded life-imprisonment in Baldia Town ...03:58 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020