Pakistan’s first Sikh female journalist to be honoured with prestigious award in UK
ISLAMABAD – A UK-based global Sikh group has selected Pakistan’s first Sikh female journalist, Manmeet Kaur, for a prestigious award in recognition of her services of minorities and women rights.
‘The Sikh Group’ has listed the 25-year-old professional among 100 most influential Sikh personalities under 30 years of age.
Hailing from Peshawar, Kaur holds postgraduate degree in social sciences. She also worked as an administrator at an computer academy for three year.
Kaur, who has also been honoured locally for highlighted issues being faced by minorities and women, will be receiving award next year in a ceremony to be held in Britain.
The female journalist is happy after she has been named among influential Sikh personalities around the world.
Kaur said that hardworking pays back surely, adding that it was an honour for her and her family to represent Pakistan in the UK.
- Kashmiris call for civil curfew on Indian president's visit amid ...11:36 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- AJK Elections 2021: PTI takes lead as results pour in10:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Scottish climber feared dead while scaling K2 in Pakistan09:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Umrah pilgrims return to Makkah after Hajj 202108:33 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan face West Indies in 1st T20I on Wednesday; check out full ...07:47 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kiratli’s new bold photos set internet on ...04:41 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video goes viral02:14 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- IN PICS: Hania Aamir steals the limelight at Aima Baig’s engagement12:15 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021