Man kills wife over mobile phone
The man had asked his wife not to use mobile phone but she continued using it secretly.
Kosgoda police said the man severely assaulted his 23-year-old wife and killed her with a wooden pole.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the man snatched and kept the phone used by the wife in his custody as she was secretly conversing with someone. But she bought a new one and was using it secretly again, Emirates 24/7 reported.
On the day of incident, the accused, a garment factory worker, came home early and went wild when he saw his wife engaged in a conversation with someone. He beat her with a wooden pole.
Police said there were frequent disputes between the two and the wife was mulling over divorce from the husband.
It was the victim’s second marriage. She had a child from the first marriage.
Police said suspect was taken into the custody and would be produced before the Balapitiya magistrate court.
- Pakistan Army Chief, DG ISI call on PM Imran Khan04:38 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi arrives in Iran to attend Afghanistan moot03:52 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Hilarious memes storm Twitter ahead of PAKvNZ match03:32 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Indian cricketers jump to Shami's defense amid intense online trolling06:10 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021