Pakistan to announce deep sea fishing policy next month
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi has said that deep sea Fishing Policy would be announced by mid of next month.
In a statement, he said that currently the fish and seafood exports of Pakistan are limited to $450 million only, but it can be enhanced to $2.5 billion if we have a proper deep sea fishing policy.
He said efforts are afoot to transform the fisheries sector as per the modern standards.
The present government is developing a mechanism to check the smuggling.
He said that government was making all out efforts to promote potentials sectors as the Shipping Policy had already been recently announced.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020