Pakistan to announce deep sea fishing policy next month
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi has said that deep sea Fishing Policy would be announced by mid of next month.
In a statement, he said that currently the fish and seafood exports of Pakistan are limited to $450 million only, but it can be enhanced to $2.5 billion if we have a proper deep sea fishing policy.
He said efforts are afoot to transform the fisheries sector as per the modern standards.
The present government is developing a mechanism to check the smuggling.
He said that government was making all out efforts to promote potentials sectors as the Shipping Policy had already been recently announced.
- Pakistan reaches milestone of administering 100mn Covid jabs11:56 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Teen girl ‘gang-raped, filmed’ by rickshaw driver, accomplice in ...11:29 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan nears formal deal with US to allow airspace for operations ...10:57 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Interior Minister skips Pakistan-India match amid TLP protests10:36 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- CTD guns down 9 ‘Daesh’ terrorists in Balochistan’s Mastung10:12 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021