Maulana Tariq Jamil launching own clothing brand?
LAHORE – Pakistani social media is currently abuzz with reports that renowned religious cleric Maulana Tariq Jamil has launched own clothing brand.
A local media report has cited Jamil’s spokesperson confirming the development. However, there is no official statement from the 68-year-old preacher.
The brand’s Linkedin page, MTJ that refers to Maulana Tariq Jamil’s name, says it is a “fashion retail brand [that] strives to learn and exhibit the principles taught by Maulana and break the eroding stereotype”.
Before moving towards public reaction, it is what the Linkedin page says in About Us section; “MTJ being supervised directly by Maulana, is dedicated to weave people’s beliefs and convictions into reality. Provides a garment shopping platform to discover and re-associate with that lost identity that is ingrained in all of us. The brand works to holistically combine diverse heritage and values in producing garments for people to feel empowered and proud when they wear them to offices, in homes, functions, travelling etc. and respectfully become the ambassadors of those inherited values by owning them”.
The page says the clothing line was founded in 2020.
The report has invited mix reactions from social media users with some finding no fault in business venture by the religious cleric.
Maulana Tariq Jamil denies criticising PM Imran ... 07:27 PM | 11 Feb, 2021
LAHORE – Renowned religious cleric Maulana Tariq Jamil on Thursday clarified that he had not criticised Prime ...
- Sialkot TikToker arrested for killing husband with friend’s help12:22 PM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested by Chakwal police after released ...11:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan reports highest Covid-19 deaths in nearly four months10:30 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Two arrested in Karachi for sharing female govt officers names on ...10:02 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s new video of getting body massage goes viral07:04 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022